I am really excited about Youth Week 2014 this year. This year it is July 29 - August 1 from 6 - 9 PM every night at Forest Hills Baptist Church. Youth Week has become an annual event in Wilson County where middle school and high school students gather for a week of worship and seeking after God. Best of all, we are able to offer this event free to anyone who wants to come. If your in Wilson and want to join us click here to pre-register and let us know your coming. It takes just a couple minutes to do.
If you are like me, you want to know before hand what all is going to be available. Well your in luck, I'm going to give you a sneak peak of whats to come.
Stephen Combs and his crew will be leading us in worship each night. Here is the line up for our main worship sessions.
Monday: How the Gospel Changes Our Past. Daniel Ritchie
Tuesday: How the Gospel Changes Our Hearts. Justin Deeter
Wednesday: How the Gospel Changes Our Relationships. Jeff Smith
Thursday: How the Gospel Changes Our Lives. Chris Dunn
Friday: How the Gospel Changes Our Purpose. Brad Perry
In addition to our main worship sessions, each night we will have different breakout sessions available for students to choose. Each night you can only go to one breakout session, but the good news is that each session will be taught twice. On Wednesday night we have a special pastor panel discussion to answer students questions. Here are the breakout sessions options for this year.
Monday/ Tuesday Night Breakout Sessions
- Why are there so Many Denominations: Justin Deeter
- Is God's Word Reliable? Dr. Rob Pochek
- How to Stay Christian in College: Jack Norris
- How the Gospel Changes Peoples: Brad Perry
- How the Gospel Changes Relationships: Jonathan Brooks
- Mundane Missionary: Daniel Heath
- Singing Through Suffering: Chris Scott
- Redefining Beauty (Girls Only): Penny Jordan
- Dealing with Doubt: Paul Batson
Wednesday Night Panel Discussion
Chris Dunn will moderate a panel featuring:
Dr. Rob Pochek, Jonathan Brooks, Daniel Ritchie, Brad Perry, and Justin Deeter
Thursday/Friday Breakout Sessions
- How Can I Read the Bible for Myself? Justin Deeter
- How the Gospel Changes the Way You See the World: Chris Dunn
- How the Gospel Changes the Way You Use Social Media: Theresa Mathis
- The Gospel and Abortion: Heather Ritchie
- Sharing Your Faith with Other Worldviews: Brad Perry
- How to Share the Gospel and Not Seem Like a Jerk: Daniel Ritchie
- Man Up: Biblical Manhood: Nate Geeting
As you can see it is going to be a great week. I didn't even mention the different mission projects going on this week. You will hear about those on opening night! I hope you plan to make it out to all of Youth Week, if not I hope you cannot make it out for a few nights. There is nothing like gathering together with hundreds of other teenagers worshiping the Lord together. Our prayer is that this week will be used by God for your own growth in Christ as it equips you to see that the Gospel really does change everything. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and Pre-Register.
If interested in checking out the content from the past weeks, just check out the following links: