I’m am excited to officially announce Youth Week 2013. Youth Week 2013 will be at Forest Hills Baptist Church July 29-August 2 from 6-9 PM. Youth week is a time for students in Wilson, NC to come together for a week of worship. Churches from all across our city will bring their students together to worship king Jesus. It is an exciting week that you will not want to miss!
The theme for youth week 2013 is “The Search for Truth”. As the youth pastors in Wilson, NC have been meeting and praying about our theme for this year. We felt led that we need to ground our students deeply in their faith. We live in a culture that has largely discredited Christianity as reasonable or plausible. In fact, some even falsely characterize Christianity as anti-intellectual. Students today are being bombarded with a variety of ideas that are in direct contradiction with the Christian faith. More than ever, our young people need to know what they believe and know why they believe it.
1 Peter 3:15 helps us understand why knowing what we believe is so important. Peter writes, “always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you”. Students need to be trained and equipped to defend the hope that they have in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is our heart and that is our goal with youth week 2013: The Search for Truth.
We have some great speakers lined up featuring:
- Daniel Ritchie from First Free Will Baptist Church
- Brad Perry from Peace Church
- Joe Strange from Raleigh Road Baptist Church
- Jeff Smith from Shiloh Pentecostal Church
In addition, we will have Stephen Combs from Wilson Community Church lead us in worship throughout the week.
To give you a sneak peak of what we will be talking about at youth week here are our themes for each night. Each night we are going to try to answer a major question people have of Christianity.
- Night 1 – Monday July 29 – Is there a God?
- Night 2 – Tuesday July 30 – Can the Bible be Trusted?
- Night 3 – Wednesday July 31 – Who is Jesus of Nazareth?
- Night 4 – Thursday August 1 – Is Jesus the only way to God?
- Night 5 – Friday August 2 – What does it mean to be a Christian?